Monday 5 December 2011

A Streetcar Named Don Giovanni

This would have to be one of my favourite projects I have ever done! 


The project brief, set in the end of unit 6 in my second year of CSM, was titled 'Don Giovanni'.


Based on an opera about a man called Don Giovanni, a young, arrogant, sexually promiscuous nobleman who abuses and outrages everyone else in the cast, until he encounters something he cannot kill, beat up, dodge, or outwit. 


The project was to recreate 6 scenes from the opera, using our own interpretation.  


Here is my mood board, I always have to do mood boards first so I can grasp the atmosphere and the aesthetics of my piece of work.


I based my interpretation on the play and its movie adaptation, 'A Streetcar Named Desire'. It is one of the best movies I have ever seen. I entwined both of these story lines, and created a series of 6 images representing 'Don Giovanni', with the aesthetics and characters of 'A Streetcar Named Desire'. Blanche DuBois is my 'Don Giovanni'. 


She is an amazing character, with passion and charisma just like Don Giovanni!  



I used photo montage, and Photoshop for layering and painting! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment