Monday 5 December 2011

My Visual Research For A Kitsch Motif


Researching a contentious ice cream advert campaign by Antonio Federici.
Federici's advert showed a pregnant nun eating ice cream in a church, together with the strap line "Immaculately conceived". Also he showed two interracial male priests seductively about to kiss. Using this as an influence I knew straight away I wanted to use photography as a mode of design to display my imagery.
I used this as influence to develop and create more controversial and kitsch style work, and progressively I have created a photography kitsch bible of my work, representing this notion of camp, vibrancy, sexualization and homoeroticism for my visual outcome. 


1 comment:

  1. http://gkhalsa.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/26021.jpg
    Benetton did it better! :D

    ReplyDelete