Wednesday 7 December 2011

My Kitsch Photo Shoot!

Firstly, I started to plan the photo shoot by researching photographers like David LaChapelle, Mario Testino and Armin Morbach. All these fashion photographers have a lot in common, in the sense of mood and atmosphere, and conceptually they use a lot of kitsch or sexualized motifs. Notably, I have done a lot visual research and created many mood boards, and photo samples of how I want my shoot to be like. I was aiming for a colourful atmospheric feeling, with sexualized imagery and kitsch elements. 

Most importantly, I wanted to create a professional but simultaneously trashy and camp by using kitsch elements, like vivid colours, random objects, and popular culture aspects like ‘Hello Kitty’ toys.


I decided to use three models for the photo shoot, I organized a day to take the shoot, and I hired out a photo studio, and purchased the costume designs. As the art director as well, I arranged everything to what would be the perfect kitsch photo shoot. 


I wanted to thank everyone that participated and helped with my photo-shoot, i couldn't done it without them!  A thank you to Santa especially! and Wanda! for letting me borrow their photo studio! and we took some amazing shots! Santa is a great photographer! Thank you to Bouquet, Luna and Seyda and the three models! Katie, Theo and Laz. I can't wait for me next one! :D 


Here's a link to my flickr, you can view all 12 photos there, but i have left a few samples here on my blog as well, my favourite three! :D 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmatheou/ 



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment