Sunday 29 April 2012

Women Of The 1950s

I feel the final images I have created for the 3rd year Illustration Work-in-Progress show are some of the most exciting pieces of work that I have created. They are inspired by the classical Tom Ford campaigns as well as photography from the 1950s. I am very proud of these images, as I went for a different approach in which I wanted to create a sophisticated feel, but also retain the edge and boldness of my original style.






















A link to the CSM work in progress website.
http://www.csm-illustration.com/2012/illustrators/jasonmatheou.html


I wanted to recreate the 1950s by using the fashion and style of the 50s decade, and changing it by portraying a modernized version. I did this by juxtaposing the models I photographed in a more confident and free pose, while the 1950s women are posed typically in a standard housewife role.

In part, these images are a celebration of International Women's Day. :)





2 comments: